Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Flight to Stockholm

The day has finally arrived, and after almost a year and a half of planning, we are actually on our way to Sweden. We spent yesterday--our last full day in San Francisco--with some of our best friends, who showed us a great time. We started off the day by going with our friend to Muir Woods to hike through the forest of giant redwood trees. We ended the night by eating a great Chinese vegetarian meal at one of our favorite restaurants in the city, and then drinks and one of the coolest bars in the city, a 1920s-style speakeasy called Bourbon and Branch. We said our goodbyes to our friends and headed back to the hotel for a few hours of sleep.

Early this morning, our friend picked us up from the hotel we have been staying at, and drove us to the airport. We will miss our time in San Francisco so much, but we are also both really excited to see what life in Sweden holds for us. Wish us luck!

In just a few minutes, we will board our flight. Take a look at this map of our flight today: http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=SFO-SEA-KEF-ARN

4 comments:

  1. Yesterday was a blast! A great send-off. Have a good flight, and we looking forward to hearing your future accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so envy you both with your adventure...if only I was twenty again and had the world as it is today...what changes I might have made in my life. But then I would have missed the wonders of the terrific life that I've had and still will have. Hope to maybe visit you someday in the future. Love you both and wish you the best....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing flight plan! I can't imagine how hard it must be to say goodbye to SF...well, I can, actually, because I've done it myself a couple times. But look at the bright side of that map... you are so much closer to us!!! =) Good luck and best wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I could be a mouse in your pockets and travel this exciting adventure with you both. But will have to just follow you on your blogs and live vicarously thru the internet. Wish you much happiness.
    Hugs, Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete